This week has been a very crazy and hectic week. All of our classes have been moved or extended to accommodate an excessive amount of pre-scheduled school activities. Early mornings and late nights had drained me into an uninterested blob of tiredness. I had no real desire to listen to people talk about the French government. One of the speakers that we went to see actually avoided a question by saying that he did want to risk losing his job. It was the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. It reminded me of why I hate the political game so much. People are not real. As much as they try to become real they are just puppets for the most part.
To relax on night a friend and I went outside at 1:30 in the morning. Lying down on a bench looking up at the sky I saw the most amazing thing this week. The moon was full. The bright glowing sphere was surrounded by clouds that it illuminated into a circular rainbow. This is real; the moon, the stars, the clouds. It is so easy to forget all of your troubles when you are looking up at the beautiful dark sky. Compared to New England the stars are barely visible. Looking up you can probably see one hundred stars twinkling in the blackness. Staring up at the clouds that made it seem like the moon was moving at tremendous speeds I just felt this overwhelming sense of calm. Seeing such a beautiful moon it becomes obvious what a small role humans have in the universe. Taking time to observe and appreciate helps bring a person into a correct perspective.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment