A cliche as it sounds the Eiffel Tower has been the most amazing thing I have seen this week. I have seen so many unbelievable things these past few days. Everything in Paris is beautiful; the architecture, the paintings, the sculptures, and the gardens. This is a really hard decision, but I would have to pick the Eiffel Tower.
It doesn't even look real, it is completely surreal. When you are looking at it from distance or looking up from underneath it, it doesn't look like an actual object. Do you know that look that green screens give in movies? That is exactly what the Eiffel Tower looks like. I cannot explain it but, that is what it reminds me of. It is unbelievably beautiful, it delicate detail is so amazing. For such an immense structure it is incredibly delicate. Looking through binoculars the little arches and little holes are so pretty.
I have no idea if the Eiffel Tower will still be my favorite thing tomorrow but today, it is the most amazing thing that I have seen so far. Probably because it is so iconic for Paris and it full lives up to all of the hype. I find it funny that when it was built everyone thought it was a disgrace and now it is one of the most famous landmarks in the world. I suppose that could be said about a lot of today's most famous artists and pieces of art, before they were loved they were hated. Of course now, we could not picture the world without it.

No comments:
Post a Comment