The last two weeks have been an intense experience.A lot had to be done in a very short amount time. I have really enjoy this ordeal. My classes are interesting and the people are fun to be around. I have fallen into a routine. I know where all of my classes are, when I have to be there, and what I am expected to be doing. I am a little scared that after this orientation is over,upon my arrival in Strasbourg, everything will be different and I will have to start over from the beginning.
These two and a half weeks have been my barrier. Since the beginning, I have told myself that I had this time to process my thoughts and prepare myself for departure. Now that this orientation is over everything is starting to dawn on me. I am no more mentally prepared than I was before, aside from the fact that I did indeed survive these weeks without my dog. Hopefully this is a sign that four months will not be as hard as I think it will be. On that note arrives my biggest fear....I have been on the Colby-Sawyer College campus for thirteen days and it feels like much longer then that. In a way, it is hard to remember back when I could sleep in my own bed. That is what scares me the most; if two weeks feels like forever, how long will four months feel?
Whenever I think about things that stress me out or scare me, I just remember all of the amazing, unbelievable experiences that I am going to have. The thought of touring the Louvre and climbing the Eiffel Tower keep me sane. I know that I have to work through the hard times, but it will be well worth it. This is a once in a lifetime experience and I want to get the most out of it.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment