Friday, August 21, 2009

My First Experience With Roomates and Communal Bathrooms

This first week of college has been interesting to say the least. I have never had to share a bedroom before. At home my bedroom is my sanctuary, the place where I can be by myself and have everything exactly the way that I choose to. It is hard to get used of having to share that space with someone who you barely know. On the other hand sharing a bedroom is no where near as difficult as sharing the bathroom. I am a very cleanly person, I organize and sanitize everything before I use it. The same cannot be said for the other people who use that bathroom, it is slightly frightening. Piles of dirty towels, hair in the sink, and water on the floor is almost enough for me to give up going to the bathroom altogether. But putting those two things aside my first week of college has been really great. I can see that Colby-Sawyer is a place where I can be very happy. I just have to get used of the living situation and then everything will be great.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Mrs. McLaughlin, I know that 'cleanly' is not the word for that statement. I posted before I saw that typo and I do not know how to go back and edit.

    ReplyDelete