Friday, October 9, 2009

Work Load

This week was an extremely long school week. It started at six o’clock in the morning on Monday and will probably last until past midnight tonight. Everyone had those weeks that feel like they will never end. This week was definitely one of them.
I have five classes this semester, which is quite reasonable. It just so happens that I in every single class, except writing, the teacher assigned me an oral presentation. I had to present my analysis of four poems in my philosophical literature class, I had to teach my pathway class about Greek polytheism, and I had to present the ancient Olympic games to my culture class. I certainly had my hands full.
It was a very hectic week, but it helped my learn something about myself. If I stay organized and keep my focus I have no problem completing an insane amount of work. It took a lot of effort on my part. I actually had to make a chart of the work that had to be done and when I had to do it. My desktop was covered in Stickies reminding me what to do and when. It was crazy. But after a week of very late nights I never had a day where my homework was not done.
I completed my work in a nice and timely manner. I was very stressed out. I was afraid that I would not get everything finished. Time management is definitely a learned skill. I am and have always been a procrastinator. Waiting until the last minute to complete assignments is a very bad habit that I am trying to drop. I am working very hard to become a better time manager. I think that these steps will greatly help improve the way that I spend my time.

1 comment:

  1. The time management and organization skills you develop now will serve you well throughout your college career. Good for you for making an effort to be ahead of the game!

    You're doing a great job with the blog. I've enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete